Battle at Culver University Between Hulk and Emil Blonsky

The Battle at Culver University was the second confrontation between Hulk and Emil Blonsky.


General Thaddeus Ross tracked Bruce Banner to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and arrived at the slum in Rocinha with a team led by British Royal Marines-trained officer Emil Blonsky to bring Banner in.

Following a ferocious battle in the soft drink bottling plant where he transformed into the Hulk, Banner escaped Blonsky to Guatemala, before making his way back to the United States of America. Returning to Culver University, he found that Betty Ross was still working there in the Cellular Biology Department, and was dating psychiatrist Leonard Samson. 


General Thaddeus Ross received a tip-off from Leonard Samson to Bruce Banner's whereabouts and staged a military attempt to capture the scientist on the Culver University campus. The soldiers chased Banner into the library and locked him into a walkway. Ross ordered tear gas fired through the window, which caused Banner to transform into the Hulk. Banner jumped out the window and was attacked by the Strategic Operations Command Center. Banner fought back and destroyed several Humvees.

Emil Blonsky was again thrown into the fray, this time with biological enhancements of his own. Blonsky was able to hold his own against Banner for a short time before retreating, and Ross sent in a Humvee with experimental high-tech Stark Industries Sonic Cannons. The Cannons slowed Banner down but Banner was able to destroy the Humvees. Blonsky again confronted Banner and Banner kicked him 40 feet across the field and into a tree, leaving Blonsky in a critical state with bones crushed throughout his body.

Betty Ross approached Banner as an Apache Helicopter began firing on them. Banner blocked the gunfire and threw a piece of debris at the helicopter, knocking it to the ground. Banner shielded Ross from the explosion before Hulk and an injured Betty Ross fled the scene to Smoky Mountain National Forest.